How to lose weight with WATER:
1. Drink enough water throughout the day. Drinking water during the day can help keep you feel full without consuming high-calorie foods and snacks. You may also eat less when you DO have a snack, as water will help give you the sensation of being full. Consuming fewer calories on a daily basis can help speed weight loss. Hydr-8’s water tracking bottles can help you remember to DRINK YOUR WATER!
2. Drink a glass of water before every meal. In several weight loss studies, those who drank water before eating a meal regularly consumed fewer calories and saw improved weight loss results. If you use water before a meal to increase weight loss, do not forget to monitor quantities and calorie intake of your food as well.
3. Replace sweetened drinks with water. Instead of drinking soda, alcoholic beverages, smoothies, juices, or other high-calorie drinks, grab your Hydr-8 water tracking bottle. Swapping in a zero-calorie beverage for high-calorie alternatives can spare you hundreds of calories per day.
4. Drink cold water to speed your metabolism. In a study on water-induced thermogenesis, researchers found that drinking cold water caused an increase in energy expenditure in both men and women, likely caused by the body’s efforts to warm the water to body temperature. In the study, the effects of elevated metabolism began about 10 minutes after consuming the water and peaked at 30-40 minutes after drinking. Hydr-8 Insulated water bottles help to keep your water cold all day long!
5. Match any alcohol consumption with equal amounts of water. This matched fluid intake should not count toward your daily water intake, according to the Water Diet. Any water you drink to match alcohol should be in addition to your daily water goal.
6. Drink water and cut salt intake to lose water weight. Reducing the amount of dietary salt you consume (by cutting table salt, canned or frozen foods, and lunch meat from your diet) can help you lose water weight quickly, particularly when combined with an increase in daily water intake.